Al-Qur’an, Chapter 30, Verse 21 (Ar-Room [The Romans, The Byzantines]):
“And among His Signs is this, that He created for you mates from among yourselves, that ye may dwell in tranquillity with them, and He has put permanent friendliness and mercy between your (hearts): verily in that are Signs for those who reflect.”
Imam Zaid Shakir in the following talk gives some really important advice to husbands and wives to gain harmony with one another and implement the ayah above instead of letting it float in our minds.
May Allah help us to respect and care for one another such that we help to nourish the Islam in our bonds. Allahumma Ameen.
- Al-Muwatta’ of Imam Malik by Imam Malik ibn Anas – Translated by Ustadha Aisha Bewley Chapter 28: Marriage
- Islamic Marriage by Ustadha Hedaya Hartford – Book Review by GF Haddad
- 100 Premarital Questions – Answered by Shaykh Faraz Rabbani, SunniPath Academy Teacher
- Dua for love and respect in marriage – Answered by Ustadha Zaynab Ansari, SunniPath Academy Teacher
- Marriage: Tips for a Better Husband & Wife Relationship – Answered by Shaykh Faraz Rabbani, SunniPath Academy Teacher